Saturday, April 16, 2011

Quelqu'un m'a dit

Detail from Geraldina

No, this is not a reprise of one of my French articles, I just have to tell a bizarre story today.

This morning I received an email from an unknown girl named "Geraldina". "Geraldina", I thought, "what a strange name."

Being part of the Information Generation, I can't handle unknown data without even glimpsing at the internet, so I fired up good old Google to see what kind of hits the name would give.

This brought me to Geraldina Sposa, a (for me) unknown Albanian website (company? magazine?) about (I guess) bridal dresses. Never thought I would ever end up at one of those on a random Saturday morning.

Unasked, French music starts playing from the website. And to be honest: quite pleasant music, I must say. That in combination with the smiling lady on the frontpage made me not close my browser immediately. It became a beautiful background sound to wake up to. Thank you Geraldina!

Now, blaming my membershipcard of the Information Generation once again, I just had to know what song this is. I like it. I must have it. The search was nothing fancy, just listen to the lyrics and try to find out the song title. It appeared to be Quelqu'un m'a dit, from (mon Dieu!) the French Republic's First Lady Carla Bruni.


I am only doubting a little bit if the version on Geraldina's website is indeed also Carla Bruni singing. To my ears, that version has a bit higher pitch, making the voice even more fragile.

I should probably check out the movie (500) Days of Summer as well.



On me dit que nos vies ne valent pas grand chose,
Elles passent en un instant comme fanent les roses.
On me dit que le temps qui glisse est un salaud
Que de nos chagrins il s'en fait des manteaux
Pourtant quelqu'un m'a dit...

Refrain:
Que tu m'aimais encore,
C'est quelqu'un qui m'a dit que tu m'aimais encore.
Serais ce possible alors ?

On me dit que le destin se moque bien de nous
Qu'il ne nous donne rien et qu'il nous promet tout
Parais qu'le bonheur est à portée de main,
Alors on tend la main et on se retrouve fou
Pourtant quelqu'un m'a dit ...

(Refrain)

Mais qui est ce qui m'a dit que toujours tu m'aimais?
Je ne me souviens plus c'était tard dans la nuit,
J'entend encore la voix, mais je ne vois plus les traits
"Il vous aime, c'est secret, lui dites pas que j'vous l'ai dit"
Tu vois quelqu'un m'a dit...

Que tu m'aimais encore, me l'a t'on vraiment dit...
Que tu m'aimais encore, serais ce possible alors ?

On me dit que nos vies ne valent pas grand chose,
Elles passent en un instant comme fanent les roses
On me dit que le temps qui glisse est un salaud
Que de nos tristesses il s'en fait des manteaux,
Pourtant quelqu'un m'a dit que...

(Refrain)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...