Saturday, April 2, 2011

Wim goes French

Picture by Cyril Plapied
French...


To be honest, I just can't remember the last time I have ever written something in French. Maybe an occasional email or a small text message, but really involve myself in the language? That must have been since my days in secondary school, over a decade now.



Back in 2005, when I was working in Brussels, most of the daily conversation was in French and I notice that now, here in the lodge, my understanding of the language is enough to do most of the reception work.
But I could use some practice.

Come to think of it... I have had several employers or supervisors that were bilingual: Gauthier, Walter, Martine, ... I very much respect the fluency they have in both Dutch and French.

As Mark Uytterhoeven said in the nineties' television show "Alles Kan Beter" je vais... en français... essayer. For the coming week, I will engage myself to write my blog entries only in French, news items will be the exception, but the rest will be in French, French and French. I am absolutely confident that I will make many mistakes and that my vocabulary is limited, so feel free to point them out to me and correct me where necessary.

Allez, bonne chance à moi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...