The so-called ‘Buffet Rule’ legislation that would require superrich Americans to pay a minimum income tax rate of 30 per cent was blocked by US Senate Republicans on Monday.
- Senate Blocks Buffett Rule 30% Tax Floor on Top Earners (Bloomberg)
- Republicans block ‘Buffet Rule’ tax proposal for the rich (Russia Today)
- Buffett rule fails Senate vote in tax fight (Reuters)
- "Buffettvoorstel" van Obama raakt niet door Senaat (VRT, in Dutch).
- Stop Coddling the Super-Rich
- Belgian businessman Davignon calls for extra tax on the super-rich (Flandersnews)
- Ontario (Canada) decided to tax the rich in order to reduce its deficit (The Star, 23rd April 2012)
- Citigroup Shareholders Reject $15 million Executive Pay Plan As "Obscene" (New York Times, 17th April 2012)
- De Fransman Pierre Richard, de voormalige topman van Dexia, krijgt nog elk jaar een bonus van 583.000 euro bovenop zijn pensioen. Dat was contractueel zo afgesproken. (VRT, in Dutch, 18th April 2012)