Sunday, September 25, 2011

Haven't played it in 10 years


from Muzikum!from Amazon

After this week's '5 of 91' from StuBru, I have also rediscovered two albums I probably haven't played for 10 years: Talking Timbuktu (from Ali Farka Touré and Ry Cooder) and Much Against Everyone's Advice (from the Belgian Soulwax).



Two Lost Loves worth playing again.

It was only after the movie L'Auberge Espagnol (about the French student Xavier going to Barcelona as part of the Erasmus programme) that I got introduced to the music of the Malian guitarist Ali Farka Touré. For weeks, maybe months, I played his records on a daily basis, enjoying his bluesy sound even though I mostly didn't understand what he was singing about.

Nowadays, the brothers Dewaele are known as 2manydjs (I believe I accidently left their album As Heard on Radio Soulwax Pt. 2 in the apartment of an ex-girlfriend) but they already made brilliant music as the rock band Soulwax.
I already introduced their song Saturday to this blog, it still plays in my head every sunny Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...